TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Effective date: 1st October 2021
These websites are owned and operated by Innocent Appeal Inc. from the United States. Throughout the Site, the terms “we,” “us” and “our” refer to Innocent Appeal Inc. We offer this website, including all information, tools, and services available from this site to you, the user, conditioned upon your acceptance of all terms, conditions, policies, and notices stated here.
By visiting our site, you (“User”) engage in our “Service” and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms”), including those additional terms and conditions and policies referenced herein and/or available by hyperlink. These Terms and Conditions apply to all users of the site, including without limitation users who are browsers, users, and/ or contributors of content.
- Innocent Appeal – General Information
- Innocent Appeal is a not-for-profit petition platform. Innocent Appeal, like the name suggests, is dedicated to fighting against injustice. We rally in the streets and in the courts demanding criminal justice & equality for people of color, to end mass incarceration and police violence and murder, reunite families, and other changes that matter most. To find out more information about what we do, please refer to our website.
- Sole discretion. We reserve the right to add/discontinue any service anytime at our sole discretion.
- Our Platform
Campaigns on our platforms represent the many opinions of millions of people. We don’t take responsibility for their views, nor do we monitor content for legality or accuracy. You’ll find links to other sites on our platforms – once you leave us, we’re not responsible for any of the external/third party links.
- Permitted use
You agree to use the Site and the Services only for purposes that are permitted by these Terms and in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and generally accepted practices or guidelines in the relevant jurisdictions.
You will not (and will not attempt to):
- Access any of the Services by any means other than through the interface that is provided by Innocent Appeal;
- Gain unauthorized access to Innocent Appeal’s computer system or engage in any activity that interferes with the performance of, or impairs the functionality or security of the Site, the Services, Innocent Appeal’s networks, and computer systems;
- Access any of the Site or the Services through any automated means or with any automated features or devices (including use of scripts or web crawlers);
- Access or collect any personally identifiable information, including any names, email addresses, or other such information for any purpose, including, without limitation, commercial purposes;
- Reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade, or resell any aspect of the Site or the Services for any purpose; and
- Reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade, or resell any products or services bearing any trademark, service mark, trade name, logo or service mark owned by Innocent Appeal in a way that is likely or intended to confuse the owner or authorized user of such marks, names or logos.
- Illegal petitions
The following petitions are not allowed on our platform:
- Petitions against court judgments are only admissible if further legal remedies are sought by normal legal process or if a legal regulation is demanded which would make a jurisprudence challenged by the petitions impossible for the future.
- Abusive, derogatory, and discriminatory petitions be stopped and locked. This includes but among other things, not only the insult, vilification and discrimination against individuals or groups that are assigned to one or more of the following criteria groups or be assigned to itself: sex, age, appearance, origin, social status, religion, disability, marital status or sexual orientation.
- Petitions with false factual claims, missing sources or with misleading embezzlement of relevant facts are ended. Innocent Appeal reserves the right to subsequently request sources in controversial cases or to have essential facts supplemented.
- Petitions which, from a subjective point of view, disparage (the behavior of) persons or groups and judge them in general terms will be terminated and blocked. Petitions in which blanket attributions are made to entire groups of people that cannot be substantiated and merely reflect one’s own opinion are also inadmissible. An objective and justified criticism of public persons or groups in relation to their public activity is permissible.
- Petitions with satirical content are banished to the troll tower.
- Petitions with direct or indirect advertising for own products, services or parties will be terminated. Petitions with direct or indirect advertising for parties are admissible if the party has launched the petition itself. Petitions that are launched by sympathizers or members of a party and contain direct or indirect advertising for parties are not admissible.
- Petitions are only admissible if the petitioner registers with his own full name or on behalf of a legal person, stating the full address and the Email address actively used. The Email address will be used for verification. The address may also be used for verification by public authorities.
- Petitions must not violate the copyrights of third parties. When using copyright protected texts, images or videos is responsible for the petitioner obtain the consent of the rights holders and to name the sources.
- To publish personal data of non-public persons requires the consent of this person.
- Petitions must be written in the local language. You can create other language versions of the petition.
- Petitions, whose content and/or the demand of the original petition were changed or extended afterwards seriously, are blocked.
- Petitions that represent a wrong translation of the petition into the original language by differing in the relevant content or demand will be terminated.
Our Site accepts all major payment methods which include:
- Visa (credit and debit cards)
- MasterCard (credit and debit cards)
- American Express
- Any other payment method displayed on our Site.
We reserve the right to add or change our payment methods at sole discretion anytime.
- Removal of Petitions
Innocent Appeal reserves the right to remove petition images and videos in the following cases:
- may have a shocking effect on people
- show violence or atrocities against humans or animals
- private recordings that violate privacy
- are pornographic
- satirical depictions
- Representations that contradict the petition request
You use this Site at your own risk. You agree that you will be personally responsible for your use of this Site and all of your communication and activity on this Site. If we determine, in our sole discretion, that you engaged in prohibited activities, were not respectful of other users, or otherwise violated the Terms and Conditions, we may deny you access to this Site on a temporary or permanent basis and any decision to do so is final.
- Refunds and Cancellation
To understand how refunds and cancellation for the donation work, please refer to https://support.actblue.com/campaigns/the-dashboard/refunds-recurring-cancellations/#recurring.
- Accounts, Registrations, and Passwords
If you use this Site and such use requires setting up an account and/or password(s), you are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password(s) and for restricting access to your computer. If you open an account, register, or otherwise provide us with any information, you agree to provide us with current, complete, and accurate information as requested by any forms. Innocent Appeal is not responsible for any errors or delays in responding to any inquiry or request caused by any outdated or incorrect information provided by you or any technical problems beyond the control of Innocent Appeal. You acknowledge and agree that any login, identifier, or password issued in connection with this Site (each a “Password”) is confidential information and must be kept secure. You may not disclose such a Password to another person or entity or permit another entity to access the Site using such a Password. You must notify Innocent Appeal immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account. Innocent Appeal cannot be responsible and disclaims all liability in connection with, the use of any information that you post or display on this Site.
- Intellectual Property Rights
Your use of the Site and its contents grants no rights to you concerning any copyright, designs, and trademarks and all other intellectual property and material rights mentioned, displayed, or relating to the Content (defined below) on the Site. All Content, including third-party trademarks, designs, and related intellectual property rights mentioned or displayed on this Site, are protected by national intellectual property and other laws. Any unauthorized reproduction, redistribution or other use of the Content is prohibited and may result in civil and criminal penalties. You may use the Content only with our prior written and express authorization. To inquire about obtaining authorization to use the Content, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition to the intellectual property rights mentioned above, “Content” is defined as any graphics, photographs, including all image rights, sounds, music, video, audio, or text on the Site.
- Monitoring Activity
Innocent Appeal has no obligation to monitor this Site or any portion thereof. However, we reserve the right to review any posted content and remove, delete, redact, or otherwise modify such content, at our sole discretion, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you.
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act
Innocent Appeal expects all users to respect the intellectual property rights of others. Innocent Appeal may remove material that appears in its sole discretion to infringe upon the intellectual property rights of others, and we will terminate the access rights of any repeat infringer. If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any Content infringes upon your copyrights, you may notify us at email@example.com. The notification must include the following information: physical or electronic signature of the owner or authorized agent of the owner of the allegedly infringed work; identification of the allegedly infringed work; identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing and reasonably sufficient information for Innocent Appeal to locate the material; contact information of the notifying party, such as an address, telephone number, and email; a statement that the notifying party has a good faith belief that the use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the owner of the allegedly infringed work, its agent or the law; and a statement, under penalty of perjury that the information in the notification is accurate and the notifying party is the owner or authorized agent of the allegedly infringed work.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, INNOCENT APPEAL EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY (A) WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR USE AS TO THE SITE AND ITS CONTENT, INCLUDING THE INFORMATION, DATA, SOFTWARE, OR PRODUCTS CONTAINED THEREIN, OR THE RESULTS OBTAINED BY THEIR USE OR AS TO THE PERFORMANCE THEREOF, (B) WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS ARISING THROUGH COURSE OF DEALING, AND (C) WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE ACCESS OR USE. THE SITE AND ALL CONTENTS THEREIN AND COMPONENTS THEREOF ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS AND YOUR USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Limitation of Liability
You agree that in no event shall Innocent Appeal be liable to you, or any third party, for any lost profits, incidental, consequential, punitive, special, or indirect damages arising out of or in connection with the Site or the Terms and Conditions, even if advised as to the possibility of such damages, regardless of whether the claim for such damages is based in contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise. This limitation on liability includes, but is not limited to, any (i) errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies in any Content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred by you as a result of your use of or reliance on the Content; (ii) the transmission of any bugs, viruses, Trojan horses or the like which may infect your equipment, failure of mechanical or electronic equipment; (iii) unauthorized access to or use of the Site or Innocent Appeal’ secure servers and/or any personal information and/or financial information stored therein; or (iv) theft, operator errors, strikes or other labor problems or any force majeure.
You agree to indemnify and hold Innocent Appeal and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, and employees, harmless from and against any suit, action, claim, demand, penalty or loss, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by or resulting from any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Site, breach of the Terms and Conditions or the materials it incorporates by reference, or your violation of any law, regulation, order or other legal mandates, or the rights of a third party.
- Governing Laws
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any of the conflicts of law principles which would result in the application of the substantive law of another jurisdiction.
You may not use or engage with our website if you are under 18 years of age. If you use or engage with the website and are under 18 years of age, you must have your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to do so. By using or engaging with the website, you also acknowledge and agree that you are permitted by your jurisdiction’s applicable law to use and/or engage with the website.
- Privacy & Cookies
We reserve the right to update and revise these Terms and Conditions at any time. You will know if these Terms and Conditions have been revised since your last visit to the website by referring to the “Effective Date of Current Policy” date at the top of this page. Your use of our Site constitutes your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions as amended or revised by us from time to time, and you should, therefore, review these Terms and Conditions regularly.
If any of these Terms and Conditions shall be deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that term shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining terms or conditions.
We shall be permitted to assign, transfer, or subcontract our rights and obligations under these terms without your consent or any notice to you. You shall not be permitted to assign, transfer, or subcontract any of your rights and obligations under this agreement.
- Force Majeure
Innocent Appeal is not liable for any delays caused by circumstances beyond Innocent Appeal’s control, e.g., general labor dispute, extreme weather, acts of war, fire, lightning, terrorist attacks, changed governmental orders, technical problems, defects in power- /tele-/computer communications or other communication and defects or delays in the service by sub-suppliers due to circumstances set forth above. Such circumstances shall result in relief from damages and other measures.
- Entire Agreement
These Terms and Conditions set forth the entire understanding and agreement between you and Innocent Appeal concerning the subject matter herein and supersede all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral or written concerning the Site. A printed version of these Terms and Conditions and any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to these Terms and Conditions to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved. You may not assign the Terms and Conditions, or assign, transfer or sublicense your rights therein. A failure to act concerning a breach by you or others does not waive Innocent Appeal’s right to act concerning subsequent or similar breaches.
- Term and Termination
This agreement becomes effective the date that you first access the Site and remains effective until it is terminated consistent with its terms. Violations of this agreement may result in the immediate termination of this agreement and denials or terminations of your access to the Site. Such restrictions may be temporary or permanent. Upon termination, your right to use this Site shall be revoked. All disclaimers, limitations of liability, indemnities, and rights of ownership and licenses to Innocent Appeal shall survive any termination.
- Contact Us
For any questions, complaints, and queries or to report any violations, kindly send an email on firstname.lastname@example.org